UDMI remains open to patients.
However, in order to keep our environment safe and accessible, we ask that you take note of all of the safety protocols detailed below.
We are periodically updating this page on the COVID-19 outbreak and how it affects UDMI. Check back often.
If you prefer to receive these updates via email, please reach out to UDMISupport@udmi.net.
The well-being of our patients, staff and their families remains our top priority.
Your UDMI family is here for you.
DO NOT COME TO UDMI if ANY of the following apply to you. Stay home and call your primary care physician or clinic right away for next steps. UDMI CANNOT TEST FOR COVID-19.
- You have been in direct contact with someone who is infected with COVID-19; OR
- You have a: fever OR cough OR shortness of breath/difficulty breathing OR runny nose OR loss of taste or smell.
- You have traveled to any of the following states with a spike in COVID-19 infections in the last 14 days:
- Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Maryland, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Carolina, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin
- We are now performing routine screening mammography for all women who qualify (40 years old and older). Anyone can request an appointment at this time
- We are NOT performing chest X-RAYS or CT scans of the chest to screen for active COVID-19 infection
- We are now open on Saturdays
IMPORTANT SAFETY PROTOCOLS
For those patients who need the services that we will continue to provide for the foreseeable future, please closely review the following:
OUR PHYSICAL SPACE
- SEATING: We do the best we can, utilizing all 8 of our waiting areas, to keep you separated from other patients in our office by at least six feet
- CROWD AVOIDANCE:
- Schedules and appointment times are modified to minimize time in waiting rooms
- Only patients with an appointment may enter our office. We will not be booking appointments in person
- All patients must arrive NO EARLIER than 30 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment time
- You must arrive to your appointment ALONE. You may be accompanied ONLY if you must such as if your exam requires sedation or if the patient is a minor. Please ask when booking your appointment
- Children are strictly prohibited from being in the office unless receiving an exam
- PROTECTIVE BARRIERS: Glass shields have been installed at our front desk and various office windows to provide separation between you and our staff
- HAND SANITIZER: Antibacterial disinfectant is stationed in various locations throughout the office for your use
- FLOOR DECALS: Stickers are on the floor to help patients comply with the required physical distance
- TRAFFIC FLOW SIGNAGE: Signage is up to help control the flow of patients in a single direction
- CLEANING & DISINFECTING: We are cleaning common spaces more frequently and are periodically applying electrostatic disinfectant spray to our entire office. Also, all imaging machines are being sanitized between each and every patient
ALL PATIENTS AND STAFF will be screened for COVID-19 related symptoms upon arrival to the office, including a temperature check taken with a no-touch forehead thermometer
ANY PATIENT OR STAFF MEMBER who has a fever OR displays symptoms of COVID-19 will be sent home immediately
*As a reminder, WE DO NOT TEST for COVID-19 on site*
PPE- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- MASKS: All patients and staff are required to wear a mask at all times while in our office. Please come wearing one!
- GOWNS & GLOVES: All technical staff performing exams that involve physical contact (i.e. mammography & ultrasound) are required to wear protective gowns