In order to keep our environment safe and accessible during the COVID-19 pandemic, we ask that you take note of the following safety protocols. Protocols are subject to change so please check back often.
In addition to these safety protocols, we are thrilled to report that over 90% of our in-office staff has received their COVID-19 vaccination! Vaccinating our staff is the latest step we have taken to mitigate the risk of COVID-19.
The well-being of our patients, staff and their families remains our top priority. Although we are trying our best, the below methods are not fool proof. As such, if we are made aware of any possible exposure in our office, all known close contacts will be notified. See “Contact Tracing” below for more detail.
Your UDMI family is here for you.
Last updated – 5/11/2021
DO NOT COME TO UDMI if you have a: fever OR cough OR shortness of breath/difficulty breathing OR runny nose OR loss of taste or smell. Stay home and call your physician right away for next steps. UDMI CANNOT TEST FOR COVID-19.
All patients who have received the COVID-19 vaccine will be asked to provide their CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card on the day of their appointment. A copy of the card will be maintained in the patient’s account.
You will be screened for COVID-19 related symptoms upon arriving at our office, including a temperature check taken with a no-touch forehead thermometer. If you have a fever OR display symptoms of COVID-19, you will be sent home immediately
DO NOT COME TO UDMI if you have been in direct contact with someone who is infected with COVID-19
UDMI will continue to prevent patients who have traveled anywhere from entering our office until their 10 day quarantine period has expired EXCEPT: Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Vermont.
The New York Department of Health recommends that you quarantine for 10 days if you have been within 6 feet for at least 10 minutes of a COVID positive person within two days of their positive test or onset of symptoms (“close contact”). UDMI will make reasonable efforts to inform anyone in our office who is known to be a close contact of a COVID-19 positive patient or employee. To help us in this effort, please notify us immediately if you test positive for COVID-19 within 2 days of your visit to UDMI.
- We are NOT performing chest X-RAYS or CT scans of the chest to screen for active COVID-19 infection
IMPORTANT SAFETY PROTOCOLS
For those patients who need the services that we will continue to provide for the foreseeable future, please closely review the following:
First and foremost, all patients and staff are required to wear masks at all times while in our office.
OUR PHYSICAL SPACE
- SEATING: We do the best we can, utilizing all 8 of our waiting areas, to keep you separated from other patients in our office by at least six feet
- CROWD AVOIDANCE:
- Schedules and appointment times are modified to minimize time in waiting rooms
- Only patients with an appointment may enter our office. We will not be booking appointments in person
- All patients must arrive NO EARLIER than 30 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment time
- You must arrive to your appointment ALONE. You may be accompanied ONLY if your exam requires sedation or if the patient is a minor. Please ask when booking your appointment
- Children are strictly prohibited from being in the office unless receiving an exam
- PROTECTIVE BARRIERS: Glass shields have been installed at our front desk and various office windows to provide separation between you and our staff
- HAND SANITIZER: Antibacterial disinfectant is stationed in various locations throughout the office for your use
- SIGNAGE: Stickers are on the floor and signs are on seats to help patients comply with the required physical distance
- TRAFFIC FLOW: Signage is up to help control the flow of patients in a single direction
- CLEANING & DISINFECTING: We are cleaning common spaces more frequently and are applying electrostatic disinfectant spray to our entire office. All imaging machines are being sanitized between each and every patient
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
- MASKS: All patients and staff are required to wear a mask at all times while in our office. Please come wearing one!
- GOWNS & GLOVES: All technical staff performing exams that involve physical contact (i.e. mammography & ultrasound) are required to wear protective gowns